The Governing Board is a committee made up of parents, teachers and staff, who meet once a month to discuss school business. Governing Boards play a decisional role in schools. They are responsible for issues involving school life, including the school’s educational project, the annual budget and the development of school policies that meet the needs of all students and acts in the best interest of the students.
Our Governing Board consists of a maximum of 12 members; 5 parents, 5 staff members, plus 2 seats reserved for community representatives. The principal takes part in Governing Board meetings, but does not vote. Monthly meetings will be held in the evening.
The Governing Board:
- Analyzes the school’s situation in terms of the school board’s strategic plan
- Adopts the educational project and oversees its implementation and periodic evaluation
- Approves the school’s success plan, rules of conduct and the safety measures
- Responds to LBPSB consultations (ex: Enrolment Criteria, Budget, Major School Change)
- Review and approve proposed field trips by staff as well as fundraisers by Home & School
- Reviews and allocates funds as proposed by staff and Home & School
We will have a number of openings for the 2017 – 2018 school year. If you are interested in becoming a member of our Governing Board, you are invited to come to the Annual General Assembly on Thursday, September 7th 2017 at 6:00 p.m. where you will briefly introduce yourself and state your reasons for wanting to serve on the Governing Board.
You are strongly encouraged you to take advantage of this opportunity to become an active participant in your child’s education.
Governing Board meetings are public and we invite you to attend. If you have an issue, concern or question, please email us at riverview_GB@lbpearson.ca