At Riverview it is the expectation that all students follow a Code of Conduct made up of rules that we live by whether at school, on the bus, on a field trip or on the school grounds. This is so that everyone feels safe, comfortable and respected.
Expectation of students
- To follow classroom rules and the code of conduct.
- To treat and speak politely to others at all times.
- To use an appropriate voice and kind words.
- To keep hands and feet to themselves.
- To keep a polite distance.
- To respect and take care of the environment. This includes school supplies, school property and the school yard.
- To behave in an orderly way by walking quietly in the hallways and stairways.
- To respect the school bell and line up quietly and respectfully.
Examples of behaviors that are unacceptable: (not an exhaustive list)
- Not listening and following instructions of a staff member and bus driver.
- All kinds of violence, fighting and/or play fighting (no kicking, tripping, pushing, poking, punching, hitting, spitting, biting, or pinching)
- Intimidation, harassment, teasing, bullying, including cyber bullying (by emails, notes, whispering, texts, verbally or on social media)
- Vandalism or damage to school property, staff or other student’s personal property
- Disruptions and disrespect shown in class, on the bus or on field trips
- Name calling, swearing, racial comments, disrespectful or impolite behavior
- Using the technology for anything other than what has been instructed
- Filming or recording staff and peers without their permission and/or knowledge
- Bringing or using any type of weapon in school
- Throwing objects including snowballs
- Cheating or stealing
- Loss of privileges – including recess, lunchtime, field trips or other activity
- Suspension - in school, out of school or alternative suspension site
- Speaking to student (verbal reprimand)
- Meeting with socio-community officer
- In school community service
- Phone call to parents
- Parent meeting